14 Sep INTU LAKESIDE CELEBRATES THE 2016 RETAILER AWARDS
On Thursday 8 September, intu Lakeside retailers enjoyed a glamorous awards evening at Orsett Hall to celebrate the stores’ successes over the past year.
190 people attended the event hosted by popular celebrity Jeff Brazier with nine awards being presented to retailers at the centre, four of these going to the Disney Store.
Chosen by intu Lakeside’s customers, the following in-centre stores came first place:
- My Favourite Place to Eat – Five Guys
- Family Friendly Shop or Eatery – Disney Store
- Best Customer Service – House of Fraser
- Friendliest Staff – Disney Store
- ‘Wow’ Factor Window Display – Disney Store
- Newcomer of the Year – Victoria’s Secret
- The Shop I Can’t Live Without (under 20,000 sq. ft.) – Disney Store
- The Shop I Can’t Live Without (over 20,000 sq. ft.) – Primark
Centre Management at intu Lakeside also voted Hotel Chocolat as the intu Superstar.
Retailers at the centre kindly donated a selection of prizes which were raffled off to raise additional funds to intu Lakeside’s 2016 charity, Brainwave. intu Lakeside has pledged to raise £25,000 for the local children’s charity and the additional £450 raised at the event from the raffle and generous donations will help to fund vital personalised therapy treatments for young children with disabilities.
Ben Leeson, Marketing Manager at intu Lakeside, says: “The retailer awards were a huge success and we could not be prouder of the stores at our centre. The event was the perfect way to thank the retailers and their staff for all that they do for intu Lakeside’s customers and we’re delighted with how well the event went.”