02 Mar Five Essex charities share £10,000 from Santa Flights
Five local charities have all received much needed cash boosts after caring staff from London Southend Airport and easyJet helped to raise £10,000 with their 2017 Santa Flights
Father Christmas swapped his sleigh and reindeer for an easyJet plane on 2/3 December 2017 to raise funds for Essex good causes and deliver an enchanting experience in the skies for local children. The two very special Santa Flights delivered a unique and magical adventure over the county for 160 children along with their friends and family members.
The money raised has now been shared out amongst five Southend based good causes, who all applied for a grant from the London Southend Airport Charity Fund.
– Delaware House – £1000 to create a Sensory Room for its dementia patients.
– Little Hero’s ASD Support Group – £540 to set up a weekly Music Therapy support group for children with autism.
– Southend and Leigh Methodist Church Homeless and Night Shelter – £460 to provided sleeping bags and provisions for the homeless.
– Elizabeth Loury Ward, Southend Hospital (oncology, haematology and palliative care) – £1000 to buy furniture and maintain their garden for patients
– Neptune Children’s Ward, Southend Hospital – £7000 to purchase an Iris Shower Chair for patients.
Representatives of the charities all came together his week for a celebration at the Holiday Inn, London Southend Airport where they received their cheques.