- OUR DETAILS
“We”, “us” and “our” means Essex TV which is a UK partnership between MMBF Limited and B.E Group. Our principal place of business is at Kemp House, 152 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. If you have any questions or concerns please refer to our frequently answered questions(“FAQs”). If the FAQs do not adequately address your questions or concerns you may contact us using contact details on our contact page.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your information in the following ways.
- When you give it to us, for example when you:
- provide information about yourself to enter one of our competitions or promotions
- supply us with your details to appear on a show;
- submit your content to be featured on Essex TV; this may include pictures, videos and stories.
- opt in to receive any of our newsletters or other marketing information
- rate or post any comments regarding content
- cast a vote on anything within our online services
- HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information operationally?(either directly ourselves or through one of our partners)?to:
- process content you have submitted and contact you about this
- enter you for the competitions or promotions which you have indicated you wish to enter
- identify your personal preferences for any communications to you such as newsletters
- allow you to post comments, rate content or cast your vote
- respond to or deal with any queries or complaints that you may have
In addition and with your consent we (and if applicable, our partners or other trusted third parties) use your information for certain marketing, market research, analysis and related purposes. It is up to you how much or how little information you allow us to use for these purposes. Our on screen notices will ask for your explicit permission (often by way of a tick box) for such additional purposes. These purposes include:
- to communicate with you from time to time by email regarding promotions, competitions and opportunities we have we feel may suit you.
- to make your information available from time to time to trusted partners and third parties, for the same purposes as above (which will be in accordance with the privacy policies of such trusted partners and third parties)
- to conduct market research, for example by asking you to participate in a survey about topical issues conducted by us or trusted partners or third parties. We will always try to tell you before you participate in the survey how any information you provide in the survey will be used
In addition, we use your information to enable us and third parties acting on our behalf to analyse your information, in a non-identifying form, (generally in the form of statistics), so that we can identify trends about usage of our online or other services and improve them.
We also reserve the right to access and disclose your personal information in order to comply with applicable laws, to comply with lawful requests from governments, law enforcement agencies or parties whose request we reasonably consider to be justified in connection with any allegations by any party about your abuse of our services, to operate our systems properly or to protect ourselves or our users.
Some of the partners and third parties with whom we share your information for the purposes set out above may be outside of the European Union and in countries which may provide a lower standard of protection for personal data, by using our online services you consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of the EU.
We have taken steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorised access.
- BUSINESS TRANSFERS
In the unlikely event that we sell or otherwise dispose of some or all of our business to another party, we reserve the right to transfer your information as part of any assets sold or disposed of and you consent to such transfer.
This policy was last updated on 11 April 2016.